Full Stack Developer
DIVISION: PlaySafe Group
REPORTING TO: Team Lead
LOCATION: Cape Town Western Cape
Think of our headquarters as a career destination on the Cape Town beachfront – a breathtaking expanse of white sand and surf, against the backdrop of the world-famous Table Mountain.
Surrounded by shops and a buzzing outdoor community that use the beach for world class events and leisure activities, our headquarters facilitates the perfect life balanced away from home as facilitates include a gym, rooftop pool and breathtaking ocean views.
It’s where we build, imagine and invent
Our clients and our employees, are our partners. We have built a strong legacy on our collective expertise. Together, we push the boundaries of gaming design and development, aiming at all times to provide advanced solutions to complex operational challenges.
We specialize in servicing and solving complex operational challenges for large online gaming clients. At our core, we are expert problem-solvers and we work hard to deliver gaming software of the highest quality, every time, for every client.
Our team doesn’t just do work, they create magic. At Wonderlabz innovation meets creativity.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer, to join one of our exciting product development teams that is expanding rapidly in Europe, with our unique Recycling Lottery product. The ideal candidate will have worked on technologies spanning both web, api and integration applications.
You will work with an agile team to deliver business requirements. The role will require you to demonstrate curiosity, analytical thinking, ability to communicate and a passion for learning.
The role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Your experience, exposure and involvement in consistently committing to and completing assigned tasks; will make you the perfect addition to the team.
You will be involved in picking up tasks and working through them to deliver sprint goals within the team’s defined times and criteria. You will have a passion for delivering quality software, and an understanding of clean code principles.
Our teams are exposed to quality learning platforms, and if you’re self-driven, you will be able to learn and use that knowledge to improve your own skills and deliver better solutions to the business.
● Interacting with testers, developers, architects and product owner
● Ensuring that your work is committed frequently to source control
● Being involved in code reviews
● Advancing your knowledge in implementing code quality practices
● Frameworks like Angular 2+, React, Vue, etc
● Working with any Spring modules
● Minimum Java 8 competence
● Strong knowledge of sql databases
● Rest API development
● Exposure to Microservice development
While you are expected to perform independently and challenged with some complex tasks, you will never be without support. Below are some desirable extras on which you will receive support, while getting up to speed:
● Solid knowledge of Promises, Observables & RxJS
● Java Testing Frameworks like, Mockito, Powermock, JUnit5, RestAssured, etc
● Good understanding of Mocking, Spying, Stubbing
● Working knowledge of Webpack
● Functional programming in Java
● Cloud development and/or migrations
● Devops practices and methodologies
What can we offer?
• Performance bonus
• Hybrid working for eligible staff with flexible working opportunities
• Medical aid scheme
• Social events
Qualifications required for the role (minimum/preferred)
• A relevant degree
Apply for this Job
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org