Incident and Release Coordinator
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
The company develops and maintains software for business customers in the online casino and lottery industries. Our ultimate goal is to create a safe and fun environment for the entertainment of our customers’ players.
Purpose of Role
To enhance the existing Incident/Release management workflow by automating as much as possible the ticket lifecycle process and introduce new functionality such as automated email/sms notifications. The Incident and Release coordinator must have a thorough understanding of ITIL framework and the ability to apply Incident Management best practices to support real-world operations.
● Drive and coordinate Incident/Release Management policies, processes, and procedures.
● Coordinate releases(scheduling, implementation and roll out of releases) to ensure that the integrity of the live environment is protected and that the correct components are released.
● Verify that NOC correctly identifies and classifies incidents to the appropriate severity level and that they handle incidents according to agreed-upon incident response procedures.
● Monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of the Release management process across the organisation, and make recommendations for improvement.
● Monitor notification processes to ensure that designated personnel are notified of all Severity 0, 1 and 2 incidents within agreed timeframes.
● Ensuring that all IT teams follow the release management process for all releases and escalates any repeated non-conformity.
● Complete post implementation reviews
● Coordinate major incident closure, initiate a phone conference bridge, and document all actions taken to resolve the incident. Monitor incident resolution progress through to final closure, and record/update incident record status as appropriate.
● Monitor and report on the Incident Management process to ensure that Incident and Problem Management are working together to determine when problem investigations should be opened to address an incident or series of incidents.
● Monitor the ongoing status of an incident and corresponding problem records to ensure that the latter are being addressed and resolved.
● Coordination of resources across the company required to carry out a release
● Monitor change/release management processes to ensure that all appropriate authorizations have been obtained prior to performing system change activities that might require a planned system outage.
● Work with Roxor Live Environments stakeholders to ensure the release process is appropriately documented, communicated and understood.
● Perform audits/inspections of the Incident/Release Management records and processes, to verify ongoing compliance, accuracy, completeness, etc.
● Drive root cause analysis and corrective action completion to help eliminate disruption of services and consequently improve the day-to-day operations of the organisation using validated problem analysis methodology and tracking all elements of the RCA to closure.
● Ensure all IT teams follow release management process & maintain quality checks
● Assist the release manager in completing regular audits of the release process
● Analyse Incident logs caused by releases to identify occasions where process has not been followed.
● Highlight any repeated non-conformance to relevant team leaders and the release manager where appropriate
Must be well organised with the ability to coordinate and prioritise multiple tasks simultaneously. The ideal candidate must put forward a professional behaviour that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organisation. He/she must also be able to explain complex technical topics to a non-technical audience as well as communicate with internal and external stakeholders. He/she must maintain a professional, polished demeanour in a fast-paced operational environment.
● Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, information systems, or related field and minimum of 5 years of support services or project/program experience or equivalent.
● Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with great attention to detail.
● ITIL or Prince Foundation qualification
● Excellent client handling skills.
● Deep understanding of the Incident, Service Request, Problem and Knowledge Management processes.
● Works well under pressure and possesses the aptitude to quickly understand work processes and flows in various business units.Positive, self-confident and able to work on own initiative.
Up to R45k per month (negotiable) depending on experience and seniority.
Apply for this Job
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com