Mid Front End QA Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior QA who has a passion and a desire to make a difference in QA for our Shake & Bake Team.
You will be empowered and trusted to tackle challenges and issues across multiple platforms. Collaborating with development managers, tech leads, team leads, developers and testers. You’ll help devise and deliver innovative solutions for our Game Wrapper, Game UI front ends, core-tech improvements, tooling, processes and business as usual tasks.
You’ll be joining Shake&Bake, a team formed of 6 developers, 2 QA’s, 2 tech leads and a team lead. You’ll be part of their success by overseeing quality, mentoring, organising, automating and supporting the team where needed.
• Ensure the release delivers applications of a quality that meet business requirements, is valuable to the end-users and is fit for purpose
• Champion and consistently improve quality through manual and automated testing of both front and some back end features – both functional and non-functional.
• Make sure that API documentation and tests are consistent.
• Maintain, update and edit test suites in our test case management tool.
• Understanding the compliance, security and load issues for an offshore regulated gaming site based on a high volume financial transactional Database.
• Keep track of bug statistics, such as the number of open bugs, closed bugs and trends.
• Collaborate with other key stakeholders for the feature you are working on e.g. Product Managers, Technical Architects and Designers.
• An enthusiastic and positive attitude towards QA
• Forward-thinking with ability to articulate and onboard others to your vision
• Ability to self-organise and prioritise against business requirements
• Ability to push back and hold people accountable in a professional manner
• Planning and risk analysis to make sure the right testing is done at the right time
• Methodological thinking in approach to testing
• Desire to exploit and explore a product to find vulnerabilities
• Experience of test script and test strategy creation and management
• Understanding of delivery life cycles and Agile methodologies
• Release management experience
• Ability to communicate and report at a business level
• Ability to mentor, teach and inspire others
• A good understanding of client/server architecture
• A clear understanding of unit, integration, acceptance and system testing
• Good understanding of Git
• Good understanding of Git management tools, like GitHub, GitLab or Bitbucket
• Knowledge of proxying and experience using Charles, Postman or similar
• Experience debugging issues in console
• Experience testing mobile, tablet, desktop, OS and browser variations
• Experience with CI tools such as Hudson, Bamboo and or GoCD
• Familiarity with gambling games and mechanics, particularly slots
• Computer Science or Engineering related degree
• Activity in the global QA community
• Experience writing automated tests scripts
• Exposure to Behaviour Driven Development
• Automation framework exposure
• Any development experience including personal projects
• Fundamental terminal commands
• TestRail is used for documenting and reporting test cases
• Every asset is source controlled using Git with Gitlab.
• Source Labs is available for multi-device testing
• Charles to handle proxying
• A dependable person who delivers consistent quality.
• A lateral thinker, who can solve problems using creative reasoning.
• Collaborates well within a team environment and develop relationships with the other teams and stakeholders in your area.
• Proactively seek out areas of inefficiency within the scope of the role, taking action to make continuous improvements.
• A curious person who learns and improves their professional skills.
What can we offer?
• Performance bonus
• Hybrid working for eligible staff with flexible working opportunities
• Medical aid scheme
• Social event
Qualifications required for the role (minimum/preferred)
• A relevant degree/ or Qualification
Apply for this Job
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com