Senior/Mid QA Engineer – Jackpots
We’re looking for a Senior QA who has a passion and a desire to make a difference in QA for our Bazinga Team.
You will be empowered and trusted to tackle challenges and issues across multiple platforms. Collaborating with development managers, tech leads, team leads,developers and testers. You’ll help devise and deliver innovative solutions for our Jackpots metadata liquidity-system, progressive and liquidity-admin systems. Aswell as core-tech improvements, tooling, processes and business as usual tasks.
You’ll be joining Bazinga, a team formed of 4 developers and a team lead. You’ll be part of their success by overseeing quality, mentoring, organising, automating andsupporting the team where needed.
• Ensure the release delivers applications of a quality that meet business requirements, is valuable to the end-users and is fit for purpose
• Champion and consistently improve quality through manual and automated testing of mainly backend features as well as some front-end features – bothfunctional and non-functional.
• Make sure that API documentation and tests are consistent.
• Maintain, update and edit test suites in our test case management tool.
• Understanding the compliance, security and load requirements for an offshore regulated gaming site based on a high volume financial transactional Database.
• Keep track of bug statistics, such as the number of open bugs, closed bugs and trends.
• Collaborate with other key stakeholders for the feature you are working on e.g. Product Managers, Technical Architects and Designers.
• A dependable person who delivers consistent quality.
• A lateral thinker, who can solve problems using creative reasoning.
• Collaborates well within a team environment and develop relationships with the other teams and stakeholders in your area.
• Proactively seek out areas of inefficiency within the scope of the role, taking action to make continuous improvements.
• A curious person who learns and improves their professional skills.
• Computer Science or Engineering related degree
• Activity in the global QA community
• An enthusiastic and positive attitude towards QA
• Forward-thinking with ability to articulate and onboard others to your vision
• Ability to self-organise and prioritise against business requirements
• Ability to push back and hold people accountable in a professional manner
• Planning and risk analysis to make sure the right testing is done at the right time
• Methodological thinking in approach to testing
• Desire to exploit and explore a product to find vulnerabilities
• Understanding of delivery life cycles and Agile methodologies
• Ability to communicate and report at a business level
• Ability to mentor, teach and inspire others
• A good understanding of client/server architecture
• A clear understanding of unit, integration, acceptance and system testing
• Good understanding of Git management tools, like GitHub, GitLab or Bitbucket
• Knowledge of proxying and experience using Charles, Postman or similar
• Experience debugging issues in console
• Ability to explore and traverse APIs and experience testing Web Services and APIs using tools
• Understanding of communication protocols, such as REST and WebSockets
• Good SQL querying skills and ability to interrogate and analyse databases and data structures
• Experience with CI tools such as Hudson, Bamboo and or GoCD
• Familiarity with gambling games and mechanics, particularly slots
• Exposure to Behaviour Driven Development, integration testing and unit testing.
• Experience of writing automated tests scripts and test strategy creation and management
• Release management experience
• Automation framework exposure
• Any development experience including personal projects
• Fundamental terminal commands
• Our assets are built using Java 8 – 17
• TestRail is used for documenting and reporting test cases
• Every asset is source controlled using Git with Gitlab.
• Spring boot Framework
• Deployments are managed through Argo
• prometheus/Grafana is used for logging and metrics
Apply for this Job
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org